|RainDance Water Systems Product|
Are you comparing
Read more About Us, our
Free Water Testing Service,
What's New, our unmatched installation kits,
current discounts & the
services we provide below:
Tannin Eater-125-14 High Flow Tannin Filter Water Softener + Volatile Organic Chemical (VOC's) Filtration
Retail Price Was:
Special Online Price: $2,699.00 + Free Post VOC/Pesticide Filtration, Before & After Tannin Testing, Installation Kit & Free Delivery.
Save An Additional $200.00 When You Use The Tannin Eater Online Discount Code: TE200
- The Tannin Eater "Smart Series" Built To Withstand Seasonal & Intermittent Well Water Changes
- Tannins: Tannins (humic acid) are found in waters which have passed through large quantities of decaying vegetation. Tannins can cause yellow water and yellow staining on fabrics and fixtures. Tannins measuring at the low level of 0.5ppm can be problematic as tannins dissolve permanently into the water and won’t settle out over time. This can create a bad taste and odor in the water and cause staining to washing, toilet bowls, bath tubs and wash basins and cause poor filtration performance in water treatment systems.
- Space Saving: The Whole House Tannin Eater Is A Low Cost Space Saving Option Versus A Whole House Reverse Osmosis System - Saving You Money & Space!
- Function: "High Flow" Filters High Tannins To Below 0.5ppm (mg/L) In Most Cases Tannins Are Reduced To Trace or Non-Detectable Levels. Also Provides Soft Water By Removing Hard Water Minerals - Use For Whole House Water Filtration, Livestock & Poultry Farms and Light Commercial Business Water Treatment
- Sizing: Suitable for 1-10 People / 1-5 Bathrooms - Filters Up To 5ppm Tannins & 40gpg Hard Water
- Installation: Easy Installation For The DYI-er Or Plumber - *Installation Accessories & Instructions Included.
- Tannin Testing: Includes Free Tannin & Hard Water Testing For As Long As You Own Your Tannin Eater To Ensure Your Filter Is Working Perfectly!
- Made In The USA: RainDance Water Systems is based in the USA - The Nitrate Eater tanks and control valve are made in the USA of foreign & domestic parts.
- Certifications: Uses NSF 61 Certified Filter Media & NSF Certified Valve & Tank
- Accessories: Includes Free Installation Kit, *Free Upgrade Water Leak Sensor, Preloaded Flash Drive With EZ-Installation Instructions
- Support: Is Customer Support, Service & Having Your Tech Support Questions Answered In A Timely Manner Important To You? When other companies close for the day, weekend and holidays, we are still open and available to answer your questions and offer tech support. Our Online Live Chat is available from 5am to 10pm PST, 365 days a year (holidays included) - Emails & Contact Forms are also answered 7 days a week 365 days a year (holidays included) or if you prefer to call (1-877-788-8387) our office hours are from 9am-5pm PST Monday-Friday.
- Testing: Includes Free Unlimited Water Testing For Optimum Performance
- Have you tested your water? Email your water analysis to email@example.com and we would be happy to review your test results and recommend the best water treatment solutions to your water problem(s).
- Haven't tested your water yet? No problem! We offer FREE water testing. Click here to learn more.
- Company: For more than 20 years, RainDance Water Systems has been providing proven well water treatment systems for residential homes, commmercial business, farms and livestock.
Or Call To Order
Includes Free Delivery
Within The Continental US
Have a Question Or
Need Help With Your Purchase?
Talk To A Certified
RainDance Water Systems Specialist
|Whole House Tannin Removal
Hard Water Softener
Water Treatment System
|Maximum Removal Capacities||Softens Hard Well Water Up To
Tannin Filtration Up To 5ppm
|Tannin Eater Tank: 14"
dia. x 65" ht.
Brine Tank: 18" dia. x 40" ht.
|Operating Parameters||Iron must be below 0.3ppm
Manganese must be below 0.05ppm
pH 6.0 or greater
Have high iron and/or manganese? Click Here!
|Maximum Flow Rate||15 gpm||
(Regenerates By Gallons)
Backwash Flow Rate
|Just add Standard Softening Pellets|
|110v 60hz||Bypass Valve||Yes, Included|
|275 lbs||Water Leakage Detector Alarm||Yes, Included|
|1" or 1.25"||Installation Instructions||Yes, Included|
|Essential Product Information|
|Warranty:||Lifetime Warranty on Media Tank - 5 Year Warranty on Digital
Free Transferable Warranty
Click Here To Read More
|Assembly:||Due to the
weight and ease of maneuverability the filter tank,
control valve and filter media are shipped separately on
a single pallet. Each system includes easy step-by-step
Additional plumbing materials such as pipe and fittings are not included. These materials are readily available at any hardware or home improvement retail store.
Plumbing Instructions, Owner's Manual, Diagrams, Easy
Step-by-Step Pictured Programming Instructions
Included on Preloaded Flash Drive
We know the importance of your new water treatment system. That's why we offer you access to our support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Contact RainDance Water Systems to learn more about our 24/7/365 services.
FREE Product Accessories Included
FREE Exclusive Offer Only
From RainDance Water Systems
We Are Now Including The Same Kit We Provide Our Dealers
The RainDance Tannin Eater-125-14 DIY Installation/Service Kit
Includes 24/7 365 Day Automatic Water Leakage Detector
Be prepared like a RainDance dealer with the on-site Tannin Eater-125-14 Dealer Kit - perfect for the DIYer or hand it over to your plumber and save a little more on common installation supplies. Dealer Kits include stainless steel installation flex connectors, before & after water test bibs & on the spot well water test kit, teflon tape, o-ring lube, and more. As always, our Preloaded RainDance USB Flash Drive contains all the installation instructions, diagrams, and manuals you or your installer needs for ease of installation and maintenance.
|Tannin Eater Installation Tubing - Includes 6ft Brine Line Tubing (connects brine tank to softener) - *20ft Polyethylene Drain Line Tubing - *Mister Drain Air Gap (prevents back flow in standpipe drain sources). *May not be suitable for every application. Ask us if it's right for you!|
|Limited Time Offer: Post water filter designed to filter volatile organic chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, and insecticides. Easily installs after the Tannin Eater Includes 4.5" x 10" Filter Housing w/ 1" Plumbing Ports, Mounting Bracket, Wrench, and (1) Replacement Carbon Cartridge.|
|Product Questions & Answers|
Have a well water tannin question that hasn't been answered? Live chat with a RainDance specialist for a quick answer!
Q: How is the Tannin Eater different from a standard water softener?
|A: The RainDance Tannin Eater is specifically engineered for high well water tannin applications and contains specialty filter resins engineered to remove tannins and soften hard water when water passes through. Standard water softeners cannot filter tannins.|
Q: How much will it reduce tannins?
|A: The Tannin Eater can effectively filter up to 5ppm of tannins and reduce the levels to below the staining level. In most cases tannins are filtered down to trace or non-detectable levels.|
Q: Does it soften hard water?
|A: Yes, the Tannin Eater softens hard water up to 40gpg (or 684mg/L). Hard water softening is needed as excessive hard water can destroy the specialized media we use to remove tannins. If you already have a water softener and would like to add the Tannin Eater we can remove the softening option. Contact Us for additional information.|
Q: Will it remove iron or sulfur odor?
|A: No, iron will foul the specialized tannin media and must be filtered prior to the Tannin Eater. If you have both iron and high tannins contact us for our packaged water treatment solution. The Tannin Eater can reduce some odors, however hydrogen sulfide gas needs to be filtered with different technology. If you have hydrogen sulfide gas "rotten egg odor" contact us for the proper treatment method.|
Q: Is this a reverse osmosis RO system?
|A: No, this system is an ion exchange system similar to standard water softeners. Reverse osmosis systems use a specialized membrane designed to remove impurities and other contaminants from water. The Tannin Eater is an affordable alternative to whole house RO systems which require multiple pieces of equipment.|
Q: Do I need a plumber to install?
|A: If you are handy and have basic plumbing skills you should have no problem with this installation. The Tannin Eater is installed exactly like a standard water softener. We provide detailed installation instructions, pictures, and offer several means of tech support for you or your plumber.|
Q: How long have you been selling the Tannin Eater?
|A: The Tannin Eater has been our best selling well water tannin filter since 1999!|
Q: Where can I buy the Tannin Eater?
|A: The Tannin Eater is purchased directly from RainDance Water Systems - we do not sell our products on Amazon or EBay|
Q: How do I know my filter is working?
|A: There are (2) water testing bibs included with the Tannin Eater. These bibs are easily installed before and after the Tannin Eater for on-site testing. We also offer lifetime testing for as long as you own the system.|